Sunday, November 8, 2009

Just Another Lazy Sunday



Hey Guys,


Most Sunday's are reserved for rest and relaxation, but for me this Sunday was a anything but relaxing. I started the day at the Greenline SUP Paddle Race from Currumbin Surf Club to Kirra Surf Club as a part of the Kirra Surf Stock Festival. The 7.5km paddle was into a direct head wind, which was no fun for anyone. I ended up paddling 95% on my right side for most of the race and was lucky to crack a small wave at the finish to beat outrigger paddler Travis Grant who finshed second and Troy Pease who finished third. A big thanks to Shakira Westdorp for letting me use her new Lahui Kai Shakira Westdorp Signature Model 12'6"SUP Race Board.


After the race and presentations I shot up to Burleigh to my local Burleigh Boardriders clubs last surfing contest for the year. I got there just in time for my heat and surfed twice to make the final. I ended up 2nd to Thomas Wood a new grommet to the club. Tomas gave myself and all the boys a good touch up. The Young bloke is only 16 and surfs with the maturity well beyond his years. Check him out in the future.


To finish the day off I was happy to go to a relaxing birthday party for my niece Harlow, who just turned 1.

Each week I will be posting a mini spiel on my close surfing mates. First up this week will be Nick Heath the surfing chef.



Also in the pipeline is the Solomon Islands trip which I mentioned earlier, and it is looking like it will go ahead in early December. Keep you guys updated shortly.

Cheers, Billy

No comments:

Post a Comment