Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Week 1: Nick Heath aka Stench Pit

Hey guys,

This is my good mate Nick Heath and he is a surfing chef. I actually did my chef's apprenticeship under Nick when I was 17, soon after ditching it when I was 21 to start a career in lifeguarding. Nick is a gnarly traveling surf gypsy who has done reconnaissance missions throughout Indonesia for the last 20 or so years. Nick runs the kitchen at the Burleigh Heads Hotel- Ambience Restaurant and annually does a surf trip for a couple of months to Indo. Here's a couple of his pics from this years season up there.



The gorilla in the mist at Bingin


Stenchy at his beloved Supersuck


Chocolate arms throwing his weight around on the end section at Race Track, Ullu's


Stenchy teaching me the ropes

10:35 reo at Burleigh, would have been 11:00 if he was on a Garrett

Locking up again at Bingin

No comments:

Post a Comment